where to stay
- we stayed at the W in Seminyak (http://www.starwoodhotels.
com/whotels/property/overview/ index.html?propertyID=3221& language=en_US) - Amanusa in Nasa Dua-ish (https://www.aman.com/resorts/
amanusa) for Justin/Sally's wedding.
I really liked Seminyak and Ubud. I thought Nasa Dua was annoying because you're kind of stuck in your resort (unless you'd like to be). Kuta is supposed to be kind of fratty/over commercialized. I hear Sanur is nice but I haven't been.
- Bambu http://www.tripadvisor.com/
Restaurant_Review-g469404- d5992605-Reviews-Bambu_ Restaurant-Seminyak_Bali.html - Sarong http://www.tripadvisor.
com/Restaurant_Review-g608486- d1079810-Reviews-Sarong_ Restaurant-Kerobokan_Bali.html - Republik45 http://www.
tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ Review-g608486-d7902813- Reviews-Republik45-Kerobokan_ Bali.html - Merah Putih http://www.tripadvisor.
com/Restaurant_Review-g608486- d3966416-Reviews-Merah_Putih_ Restaurant-Kerobokan_Bali.html - Hog Wild BBQ (not indonesian - pork ribs) http://www.tripadvisor.com/
Restaurant_Review-g608486- d7746362-Reviews-Hog_Wild_in_ Bali-Kerobokan_Bali.html
not in seminyak
- Kafe (organic hippy dippy food) http://www.tripadvisor.com/
Restaurant_Review-g297701- d1182717-Reviews-Kafe-Ubud_ Bali.html - Seniman Coffee Studio (awesome coffee shop) http://www.tripadvisor.com/
Restaurant_Review-g297701- d2267545-Reviews-Seniman_ Coffee_Studio-Ubud_Bali.html
things to do
- Monkey Forest - I don't know exactly which one we went to but the monkeys are fun and will steal your stuff so be careful and put them away
- Jatiluwih Rice Terraces (http://www.nomadicmatt.com/
travel-blogs/the-jatiluwih- rice-terraces/) - these are the farther ones and really pretty. didn't go to tegalang but its supposed to be closer / smaller. - Tanah Lot - beautiful temple "in the water", great for sunsets
- Pura Ulun Danu Bratan - another temple "in the water". better if you come during high tide so it's actually in the water :)
- Campuhan Ridge Walk in Ubud - just a walk through Ubud. very calm and peaceful.
- Jari Menari massage (i think they have two locations. make reservations beforehand! massages in bali are really cheap and awesome) http://www.
jarimenari.com/
note: you kind of need a driver to get you around to all of these places (they aren't very close). our driver company got great reviews (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ Attraction_Review-g297697- d6848919-Reviews-Rio_Bali_ Tours_Day_Tours-Kuta_Bali.html ) but i'm not sure i loved them. on one hand our driver listened to what we asked for, on the other hand, I felt like he was more than happy to take us to uber touristy stuff (silver factory! wood factory! coffee plantation!)...but I guess lots of people like that? we paid $50 a day. in general, Bali is very touristy so it's unfortunately a bit hard to get away from that aspect if you are going to touristy areas. Just be prepared to say no a lot haha :)
Comments
Post a Comment