HK recs

Activities
Food:
  • Dim sum: http://www.timhowan.com/
  • Drinks: Quinary/J Boroski (from my friend Janice), apparently there's a PDT there now
  • Wonton Noodles: Mak’s Noodle
  • Didn't make it there but its supposed to be good: Kau Kee Beef Brisket 
  • Duddell's (pricey/fancier but good)
  • From Steve (hence pricey)
1.     Yardbird (Japanese yakitori) – My favorite restaurant in HK and best yakitori I have ever had anywhere. You can't book ahead of time so need to go early say around 6 pm?  Monday – Wednesday best to go as Thurs/Fri gets crowded too.  Closed on Sundays
2.     Tim Ho Wan (dim sum) – 1 star Michelin but very casual.  Very good value and packed every day.  There's on in IFC so I can take you for lunch when you guys are here
3.     Mott 32 (Canto / Chinese food) – Good Peking duck and nice decor.  Needs to book 1 week ahead.  Ho Lee Fook (yes I know what you are thinking) is a good alternative but cheaper option.
4.     121 BC (Italian) – One of a number of good restaurants on Peel Street in HK.  Open table setting and casual.  Not sure if you can book actually – wait is usually 1 hour.
5.     Vasco (American) – I have never been but heard great things about it.  It's on the top floor of this new area called PMQ (old HK Police Quarters converted to commercial use).  I think you need to book couple of weeks in advance and PMQ is worth a visit (5 minutes from my home actually)
6.     Brickhouse (Mexican) – I took Helen and Jing here for drinks last time.  It's hidden in an alley way and famous for lengthy list of tequila.  They also serve dinner and just a fun place to visit
7.     8 ½ Otto e Mezzo (Italian) – If you want to try something nice, this is one of the best in HK. 3 star Michelin and quite expensive… Justin's family actually owns a stake in this place.  Bookings are 1 to 2 months in advance so not sure if you want to go through the trouble. 
8.     Under the Bridge Spicy Crab – Famous for their 避风塘 crabs.  Lot of mainland visitors go. 
  

Comments